[petsc-users] Read/Write large dense matrix

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:25:27 CDT 2024

On Mon, Aug 5, 2024 at 1:10 PM Sreeram R Venkat <srvenkat at utexas.edu> wrote:

> I have a large dense matrix (size ranging from 5e4 to 1e5) that arises as
> a result of doing MatComputeOperator() on a MatShell. When the total number
> of nonzeros exceeds the 32 bit integer value, I get an error (MPI buffer
> size too big) when
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
>
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
> I have a large dense matrix (size ranging from 5e4 to 1e5) that arises as
> a result of doing MatComputeOperator() on a MatShell. When the total number
> of nonzeros exceeds the 32 bit integer value, I get an error (MPI buffer
> size too big) when trying to do MatView() on this to save to binary. Is
> there a way I can save this matrix to load again for later use?

I think you need to reconfigure with --with-64-bit-indices.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZWJy1vnQRcamRkpD9AvtD6y9h9bvIfbWSTz0DllLxYWq7hwcAytyX_EC7cpuwneyYXURUCUm2lSCptmMMZy4$  <https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZWJy1vnQRcamRkpD9AvtD6y9h9bvIfbWSTz0DllLxYWq7hwcAytyX_EC7cpuwneyYXURUCUm2lSCptfV0OFZ$ >