[petsc-users] Failure of MUMPS

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 02:51:18 CDT 2018

I also recently noticed that mumps sometimes segfaults (or return NaNs) in
parallel on matrices coming from higher order fem (relatively dense
blocks). The fault goes away if not using scalapack to solve for the root
mode of the nested dissection tree. The same happens with mumps from a
package manager instead of --download-mumps. Probably this is a regression
on their side .