[petsc-users] Failure of MUMPS

Zhang, Junchao jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 9 15:39:07 CDT 2018

I met a case where MUMPS returned an out-of-memory code but PETSc continued to run.  When PETSc calls MUMPS, it checks if (A->erroriffailure). I added -mat_error_if_failure, but it did not work since it was overwritten by MatSetErrorIfFailure(pc->pmat,pc->erroriffailure)
Does it suggest we should add a new option -pc_factor_error_if_failure and check it in PCSetFromOptions_Factor()?

--Junchao Zhang