[petsc-users] Solvers for phase field fracture

Karin&NiKo niko.karin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 02:36:14 CST 2018

What you describe is typical of strain softening. In the solid mechanics
community, arc length methods are often prefered to solve this kind of
problems. The classical references are Riks and Crisfield. You can also
take a look at this technique :
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/nme.971/abstract.
But I am not aware of the avalability of such approach in the TS objects of
PETSc.

Nicolas