[petsc-users] PETSc recommended visualization packages: Xdmf and HDF5

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 7 15:23:25 CDT 2011

Blaise-

I constructed my Xdmf writer based on the documentation at
http://www.xdmf.org/index.php/XDMF_Model_and_Format. The documentation
is vague but I was able to figure most things out with a little trial
and error.

An example pair of HDF5 and Xdmf files is attached.

The code is in the PyLith repository available at
http://www.geodynamics.org/wsvn/cig/short/3D/PyLith/trunk/libsrc/pylith/meshio/?rev=18708&sc=0
The Xdmf object takes an HDF5 file (that we wrote so we know its layout)
and writes the corresponding Xdmf file. The Xdmf.hh, Xdmf.cc, HDF5.hh,
and HDF5.cc files are all in this directory.

Regards,
Brad