[petsc-users] PETSc recommended visualization packages

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 14 14:22:13 CDT 2011

Attached patch takes Lisandro's matio.py and puts it in a
PetscBinaryRead.py that reads a binary with (potentially) multiple Petsc
objects, deciphers the contents of the file from the header, and returns
numpy objects.  It's basically the same as the PetscBinaryRead.m

I've tested this on Vecs, but not Mats or ISs, and I haven't thoroughly
tested degenerate cases.  Will do some testing, but I wanted Lisandro to
take a look at it as well...

Thanks,

Ethan

--