[petsc-dev] Mira

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 11 12:04:44 CST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:
>
> > Thanks Dave,
> >
> > Jed and Shi: Also it looks like there is no 64 bit int support now ...
> you
> > can't use much of that machine w/o 64 bit ints.
>
> What do you mean "no 64 bit int support"?  We have nightly tests running
> with 64-bit ints and I build my own 64-bit arch pretty much daily.  Or
> are you referring specifically to threadcomm (which we might not be
> testing with 64-bit ints yet)?

When I tried to configure I got some sort of message that 64 bit indices
were not supported for the openMP version.

> How do your applications use threads currently?

I'm not sure if they really do have threads but they just wanted to see if
PETSc could use threads.  It looks like only 40% of the run time is in
PETSc so we are shelving this but I wanted to try threads anyway.