Configure error: with Intel MPI compilers.

Dhirendra Kumar dhirendra.cub at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:55:34 CDT 2015

Dear Wei

Thanx for the reply. I ran the $CFLAGS command which displays the result-

-O3 -xHost -axSSE4.2 -fPIC

also I configured the parallel netcdf with the arguements suggested by you
as-
./configure MPICC=mpiicc MPICXX=mpiicpc MPIF77=mpiifort MPIF90=mpiifort
--prefix=$RLIB

and while running make, I am getting the following error-

/opt/intel/impi/4.1.0.024/intel64/bin/mpiicpc -c -O3 -xHost -axSSE4.2 -fPIC
-I. -I. -I../lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  ncmpiType.cpp
/opt/intel/impi/4.1.0.024/intel64/include/mpicxx.h(95): catastrophic error:
#error directive: "SEEK_SET is #defined but must not be for the C++ binding
of MPI. Include mpi.h before stdio.h"
  #error "SEEK_SET is #defined but must not be for the C++ binding of MPI.
Include mpi.h before stdio.h"

compilation aborted for ncmpiType.cpp (code 4)
make[2]: *** [ncmpiType.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/dkumar/RLIB/parallel-netcdf-1.6.1/src/libcxx'
make[1]: *** [libcxx] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dkumar/RLIB/parallel-netcdf-1.6.1/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am attaching the config.log file for your reference....Please have a look.

Thanks

Sincerely
Dhirendra

Alternate email: dhirendra.cub at outlook.com