[mpich-discuss] Clustering

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:52:58 CDT 2012

Dear Sir,

I have all the requirements that you mentioned in your last mail. I just
want to know how to cluster them , so that I can utilize the power of both
for single computational work...

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Svancara, Randall <rsvancara at wsu.edu>wrote:

>  I would say at a minimum, you need a dedicated gigabit Ethernet between
> the two machines, and an operating system that can support MPICH and
> Gromacs.  Also you will need a compiler to build all the software as well.
>  Lastly, your cluster will need to support SSH or some way to launch all
> the MPI daemons on both systems.
>
> I would start by learning how to use MPI Software to run on one node and
> then work on expanding to a multinode setup.   Also, you might be better
> served by starting out with one of the many MPI Hello World implementations
> and starting there as a learning platform and working your way up to more
> complex programs like Gromacs.  Once you have a fundamental understanding
> of all the working pieces, you will have a much better user experience.
>
>  Thanks,
>
> Randall
>

>  ------------------------------

Bharat
Ph.D. Candidate
Room No. : 7202A, 2nd Floor
Biomolecular Engineering Laboratory
Division of Chemical Engineering and Polymer Science
Pusan National University
Busan -609735
South Korea
Lab phone no. - +82-51-510-3680, +82-51-583-8343
Mobile no. - 010-5818-3680
E-mail : monu46010 at yahoo.com