[mpich-discuss] Excluding c++ compiler from configuration

Sam Pedro pedro18974 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 06:56:46 CDT 2012

I am installing mpich2 version 1.5. Even though I exclude the c++ compiler
from 'configure', it still seems to be checking for c++ compiler and does
not complete configure. This is on a Centos linux box. Here is the command:

configure --prefix=/home/sp/mpi --disable-cxx

These are the last statements on output:

checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/usr/local/gm363/build':
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details

I am attaching the config.log file