[MOAB-dev] Problems configuring MOAB with VTK

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Wed Feb 6 07:33:02 CST 2013

Hi,

This isn't a problem that MOAB is looking for a ParaView library. It has to
do with MOAB is looking for VTK 6.0.
VTK 6.0 includes a modularization of all the libraries. Previous to VTK6
vtkCommon would contain all
common components of VTK, now they are split into: vtkCommonCore,
vtkCommonDataModel, vtkCommonMath, etc

So to have MOAB configure against VTK 5.10 and lower I would replace
vtkCommonCore with vtkCommon. You will have to change any other link
line to VTK as I expect they also will look for VTK 6 libraries.

Side Note: The reason that you think vtkCommonCore is from ParaView is
because ParaView 3.98 was released using a developer version of VTK 6.0.

--
Robert Maynard