[hpc-announce] Call for Participation: ROSS 2020 workshop at SC20

Iskra, Kamil A. iskra at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 4 21:54:16 CST 2020

International Workshop on Runtime and Operating Systems for Supercomputers
                           ***  ROSS 2020  ***

Held in conjunction with SC20: The International Conference for High
Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis,
November 13, 2020

In cooperation with IEEE-CS TCHPC

           https://www.mcs.anl.gov/events/workshops/ross/2020/

The program of the workshop is now available on our website, and will
consist of a keynote by Google's Kevin Kissell, six regular paper talks and
three invited talks.  We invite you all to participate in our virtual
workshop!

PROGRAM:
--------

Friday, November 13, 2020, 10:00-16:45; all times EST (UTC-5)

10:00-10:15 Welcome and Introduction

10:15-11:00 Keynote
Kevin D. Kissell: The Challenges of Hybrid Computing

11:00-11:15 Coffee Break

11:15-12:45 Session I (chair: Kevin Pedretti)

11:15-11:45 Didem Unat, Fareed Mohammad Qararyah: A Dataflow-Graph
Partitioning Method for Training Large Deep Learning Models

11:45-12:15 Carsten Heinz, Jaco A. Hofmann, Lukas Sommer, Andreas Koch:
Improving Job Launch Rates in the TaPaSCo FPGA Middleware by
Hardware/Software-Co-Design

12:15-12:45 Sven Koehler, Benedict Herzog, Timo Hoenig, Lukas Wenzel, Max
Plauth, Joerg Nolte, Andreas Polze, Wolfgang Schroeder-Preikschat: Pinpoint
the Joules: Unifying Runtime-Support for Energy Measurements on
Heterogeneous Systems

12:45-13:00 Coffee Break

13:00-14:00 Session II (chair: Rolf Riesen)

13:00-13:30 Ada Gavrilovska: Data-centric Resource Management for Complex
Memory Fabrics

13:30-14:00 Yuxin Ren, Gabriel Parmer, Dejan Milojicic: Ch'i: Scaling
Microkernel Capabilities in Cache-Incoherent Systems

14:00-14:30 Lunch Break

14:30-16:30 Session III (chair: Roberto Gioiosa)

14:30-15:00 Mihailo Isakov, Eliakin del Rosario, Sandeep Madireddy,
Prasanna Balaprakash, Philip Carns, Robert B. Ross, Michel A. Kinsy:
Towards Generalizable Models of I/O Throughput

15:00-15:30 Stephen L. Olivier: Programming Model Developments Present
Opportunities for Runtime and Operating Systems

15:30-16:00 Edgar A. Leon, Balazs Gerofi, Julien Jaeger, Guillaume Mercier,
Rolf Riesen, Masamichi Takagi, Brice Goglin: Application-Driven
Requirements for Node Resource Management in Next-Generation Systems

16:00-16:30 Alok V. Kamatar, Ryan D. Friese, Roberto Gioiosa:
Locality-Aware Scheduling for Scalable Heterogeneous Environments

16:30-16:45 Closing Remarks

Contact us at sc-ws-ross at info.supercomputing.org if you have any questions.