IMPORTANT: Don't be a jerk! Remember this is a community service that we are providing. We are not REQUIRED to provide a certain quality of service or response time for your posts. We are not REQUIRED to forward responses to your posts to you. We are not REQUIRED to go out of our way to give you a daily update on where in the queue your post stands.
We are trying to do the best we can while balancing multiple requirements from multiple users. If you'd like your post to be prioritized for some reason, please send us a polite email and we will try to accommodate it. Please don't demand that a certain service be provided. If you try to be a jerk, we'll apply our "don't be a jerk" rule and drop your post. Thanks for your understanding.
Rules and priorities for this moderated list:
Define acronyms, such as conference shorthand names, so that subscribers will not have to look them up.We can change this priority order for urgent posts or in some exceptional situations. If your post is time-critical, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will try to accommodate your request, depending on what other requests we receive.
- This list roughly follows a FIFO scheduling policy, so older posts are approved first.
- Usually only 1-2 messages are approved per day.
- Messages queued for more than a week are discarded.
- Eligible messages and their priority:
- Call for conference/journal/workshop papers
- Call for posters
- Call for workshops/tutorials/book chapters
- Call for participation (includes summer schools and hackathons)
- Very old repeated posts (more than 3 months old)
- Call for award nominations and conference grants
- HPC-related surveys
- Fresh repeated posts (less than 3 months old)
- We may prioritize by relevance to the HPC community in periods of high load.
- Deadline extensions and CFP updates are allowed (please clearly state the reason on the subject or the very beginning of the body).
- Ineligible messages:
- Job, internship, and scholarship postings.
- Topics not related to HPC.
- Posts from noreply@ and similar e-mail addresses.
- Replies to previous posts.
- Posts with HTML content. We only accept *plain text* submissions.
If you do not remember your password , you can reset it using the "Unsubscribe or Edit Options" button at the bottom of the page followed by using the "Remind" button in the "Password Reminder" section.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the hpc-announce
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to hpc-announce by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.