[hpc-announce] FTXS @SC20 : Call for participation

Levy, Scott Larson sllevy at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 4 09:16:32 CST 2020

FTXS 2020 @ SC20
10:00a-1:30p Wednesday, November 11th, 2020

*** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ***

FTXS is an important forum for presenting and discussing cutting-edge research on fault tolerance for extreme-scale systems.  We have a very strong program this year and we hope that you'll join us on Wednesday.

[10:00-10:05]
Opening Remarks

[10:05-10:35]
Improving Scalability of Silent-Error Resilience for Message-Passing Solvers via Local Recovery and Asynchrony (Kolla, Mayo, Teranishi, Armstrong)

[10:35-11:05]
Towards Distributed Software Resilience in Asynchronous Many-Task Programming Models (Gupta, Mayo, Lemoine, Kaiser)

[11:05-11:35]
Models for Resilience Design Patterns (Kumar, Engelmann)

[11:35-11:55]
Break

[11:55-12:25]
>From tasks graphs to asynchronous distributed checkpointing with local restart (Lion, Thibault)

[12:25-12:55]
A Generic Strategy for Node-Failure Resilience for Certain Iterative Linear Algebra Methods (Pachajoa, Ernstbrunner, Gansterer)

[12:55-13:25]
Checkpointing OpenSHMEM Programs Using Compiler Analysis (Shahneous Bari, Basu, Lu, Curtis, Chapman)

[13:25-13:30]
Closing remarks

The Workshop Program is also available at: https://sites.google.com/site/ftxsworkshop/home/ftxs-2020