[ExM Users] Submitting tasks on Raven

Scott Krieder skrieder at iit.edu
Wed Apr 24 19:25:21 CDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to run noop.tcl with turbine on Raven. I keep getting a memory
error:
apsched: claim exceeds reservation's memory

I tried a few different values(100, 100M) for
#PBS -m
but I keep getting the error.

Is there a way to let the PBS job take as much memory as it needs?

Thanks,
Scott

=====aprun.sh script that I'm running=====
# USAGE: qsub aprun.sh

# The user should copy and edit the parameters throughout this script
# marked USER:

# USER: Directory available from compute nodes:
USER_WORK=/ufs/home/users/p01684

# USER: (optional) Change the qstat name
#PBS -N turbine
# USER: Set the job size
#PBS -l mppwidth=1,mppnppn=3,mppdepth=1
# USER: Set the wall time
#PBS -l walltime=10:00
# USER: (optional) Redirect output from its default location ($PWD)
#PBS -o /ufs/home/users/p01684/pbs.out

#PBS -j oe
#PBS -m n

# USER: Set configuration of Turbine processes
export TURBINE_ENGINES=1
export ADLB_SERVERS=1

echo "Turbine: aprun.sh"
date "+%m/%d/%Y %I:%M%p"
echo

# Be sure we are in an accessible directory
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR

set -x
# USER: Set Turbine installation path
export TURBINE_HOME=${USER_WORK}/Public/sfw/turbine
# USER: Select program name
# PROGRAM=${USER_WORK}/adlb-data.tcl
PROGRAM=${TURBINE_HOME}/test/noop.tcl

source ${TURBINE_HOME}/scripts/turbine-config.sh
if [[ ${?} != 0 ]]
then
  echo "turbine: configuration error!"
  exit 1
fi

# Send environment variables to PBS job:
#PBS -v TURBINE_ENGINES ADLB_SERVERS TURBINE_HOME
# USER: Set aprun parameters to agree with PBS -l settings
# aprun -n 1 -N 1 -cc none -d 1 ${TCLSH} ${PROGRAM}
aprun -n 3 -N 3 -cc none -d 1 ${TURBINE_HOME}/bin/turbine ${PROGRAM}

--
Scott J. Krieder
C: 419-685-0410
E: skrieder at iit.edu