[petsc-users] Is precondition works for ill-conditioned jacobian matrix

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 14 05:35:30 CDT 2023

I would first verify that you are happy with the solution that works.

Next, I would worry about losing accuracy in computing M*J, but you could
try it and search for any related work. There may be some tricks.

And MUMPS is good at high accuracy, you might try that and if it fails look
at the MUMPS docs for any flags for high-accuracy.

Good luck,
Mark