[petsc-users] 3.5 -> 3.6 Change in MatOrdering Behavior

Paul T. Bauman ptbauman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 11:34:17 CST 2016

Thanks Hong,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Hong <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Paul :
> Using petsc-dev (we recently added feature for better displaying
> convergence behavior),

OK, good to know, thanks.

> I found that '-sub_pc_factor_mat_ordering_type 1wd' causes zero pivot:

I figured it was something along these lines. So, just so I'm clear, likely
this zero pivot was always there with this mat ordering (i.e. no mat
ordering bits actually changed between 3.5 and 3.6) and this is a
reflection of increased consistency checking in the newer PETSc?

Thanks much,

Paul