[petsc-users] petsc externalpackage directory

Xiangdong epscodes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:06:58 CST 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Barry Smith wrote:
>

> > > On Feb 2, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Xiangdong <epscodes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > the package is untar and compiled in $PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages, but
> the original tarball .tar file is deleted. Is it correct?
> >
> >    Yes
> >
> >   When you ran the successful configure it printed to the screen where
> the tar file came from. You should use curl or wget to get the tarball and
> then copy it over to the machine you want it on.
>

> Or you can copy the whole '$PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages' dir over to
> this other machine [and place in the same location - for any
> PETSC_ARCH you plan to use..]

If I have 15 packages to install, this method would be easy. Once I copied
this folder to the new machine, do I use
--with-pastix-dir=$PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/pastix_5.2  or
--download-pastix=$PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/pastix_5.2? The first may
fail due to the different libraries installed on that machine. For the
second one, can --download-pastix take the directory path instead of the
tarball file?

Thanks.

Xiangdong