[petsc-users] When pull the petsc-dev for update:Connection timed out

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 25 13:06:08 CST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Alan <zhenglun.wei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sean,
>
>> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Alan <zhenglun.wei at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sean,
>>>       my /petsc-dev/.hg/hgrc shows:
>>> [paths]
>>> default = https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev
>>>

>>> [hostfingerprints]
>>> bitbucket.org =
>>> 24:9c:45:8b:9c:aa:ba:55:4e:01:6d:58:ff:e4:28:7d:2a:14:ae:3b
>>
>> Good.
>>
>>>       When pulling the petsc-dev, it shows:
>>> abort: no certificate for bitbucket.org with configured hostfingerprint
>>
>> Weird. Are you behind a proxy?
>
> It is. The server is behind a university net.

Ok, that explains why you still get a warning. You could just try
http:// (without the 's') but I think bitbucket redirects to https.
You could try Atlassian's advice here, but your mileage may vary,

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/103526/proxy-fakes-certificate-for-mercurial-hg

>>>       The same thing happens if it pull the BuildSystem with:
>>>
>>> [paths]
>>> default = https://bitbucket.org/petsc/buildsystem
>>
>> Something is being misconfigured because I'm guessing that buildsystem
>> is trying to pull petsc-dev or vice-versa. Let's be sure, by
>>
>> $ cd $PETSC_DIR
>> $ hg showconfig paths.default
>
> It shows:
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev

Good.

>> $ cd config/buildsystem
>> $ hg showconfig paths.default
>
> It shows:
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev

This is the problem. Make sure that within the buildsystem directory,
the .hg/hgrc file (different from the petsc-dev one) has the path for
bitbucket's buildsystem. If all else fails, you could just reclone.

>> And might as well send your mercurial version, too,
>>
>> $ hg version
>

> Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.8.3)
> (see http://mercurial.selenic.com for more information)
>
> Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Matt Mackall and others
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO

You may want to upgrade to the latest mercurial which is currently 2.4
but your version is fine for now.