[petsc-dev] SEGV using PETSc-GPU ViennaCL

Lucas Ogura lucasjdogura at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:54:16 CDT 2014

I am trying to use PETSc-dev for a while in a project at my university. I need to use the GPU for matrix-vector operations and the code that I'm working was already implemented using PETSc, obviously I choose the PETSc ViennaCL-GPU solution. The original code works perfectly, but when I use the GPU parameters, a SEGV occurs in some test cases.Valgrind says that is a problem with PetscMallocAlign at memalign but, some times, it says that the problem is MatGetDiagonal.I'm sending the configure.log because I don't know what are the cause of the problem (hope the problem is the configuration), and I would like to know if some similar problem were reported by PETSc-ViennaCL users and PETSc-CUDA users too.
PS: My computer has a top AMD GPU and I'm not sure that I can find a NVIDIA GPU computer to test my code, so OpenCL solutions are better to me then CUDA.