[petsc-dev] please make myself and Satish admin on bitbucket.org/petsc

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 10 19:11:09 CST 2012

> So set up my access with openid. My account is bsmith at mcs.anl.gov  do it
> this minute while I cook dinner. Don't wait until we are both at the lab at
> the same time. Satish can add someone while they are at dinner, why can't
> bitbucket.

Sure, right after you stop being a big-ol'-stubborn-stick-in-the-mud.

BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT. You and I as regular users can clone and
> create new repositories in petsc on petsc.cs. 50 times a day and we don't
> need to involve Satish at all. And when we add a new one we can all use it
> immediately without

Ah, I didn't understand the context of commands. This is true about
creating repos. Although, you can't easily delete them on petsc.cs. So, if
you use petsc.cs as your own personal account, then yes, you can't do that
on bitbucket through the *petsc* account. Once everything is transfered
over, why wouldn't you just use your own account for your own repos? The
only thing the petsc account should have is petsc-dev, buildsystem,
tutorials, and externalpackages.

One expects a "great" repository site to do better than our hacked up
> trash, turns out it cannot do better.

Ok, so it's not better, but then again, it isn't worse. Plus, they'd be no
extra work on out part.