[Swift-user] File header does not match type

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Tue Mar 3 12:24:48 CST 2015

Jason,

This sounds like an error from readData( ).  Do you have a readData
statement that's reading a file into a structure of four fields, but is
only finding 2 fields on the header line.

Its remotely possible that a ext_mapper could give a similar error.

Does that help narrow it down?

- Mike

On 3/3/15 12:17 PM, Jason James Pitt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was hoping someone could help shed some light on an issue I'm having running a Swift script (with Swift 0.95-RC6). When running my code I get the following failure (execution stops immediately after).
>
> Progress: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 04:59:20-0600
>
> Execution failed:
> File header does not match type. Expected 4 whitespace separated items. Got 2 instead.
>
> I've been comparing this swift script and the configurations files to other swift scripts that have run successfully. I can't seem to identify the problem. Is the above a general failer for all kinds of swift configuration files? Perhaps there is a specific file I should be looking at ?
>
> Thanks, and I'd be grateful for any insight.
>
> Jason

Michael Wilde
Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago