[Swift-user] Throttling within Swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 17:29:25 CDT 2012

Scott, its best to adjust the throttle using the sites file. Use these two xml elements in your <pool> element:

    <profile namespace="karajan" key="jobThrottle">.63</profile>
    <profile namespace="karajan" key="initialScore">10000</profile>

Always set initialScore to 10000.
Set the actual throttle by setting jobThrottle to (N-1)/100 to run N jobs at a time.

So for N=2,4,8,16 set jobThrottle to .01, .03, .07, and .15

Thats admittedly rather arcane, but works that way for historical reasons. We hope to simplify this in the future.

- Mike