[Swift-user] Throttling within Swift

Scott Krieder skrieder at iit.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:07:03 CDT 2012

Quick question about throttling within Swift:

I have a swift script that launches 64 binary files in parallel within a
foreach loop.

I would like Swift to throttle so that there are only 2 binaries running at
any given time. Then I would like to change the throttle for 4, 8, and 16.

I found several different layers at which I can change the throttle. For
the above configuration should I change the throttle in my sites.xml or do
I need to update the swift.properties file?

Thank you,
Scott

Scott Krieder
DataSys Laboratory