[Swift-user] swift on midway: apps and modules

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 3 18:22:26 CST 2012

Instead of /scratch/local try /scratch/midway/nbest

I suspect the error here is that you are setting the workdirectory to  path that is not shared between the login host and compute nodes.

If /scratch/midway/nbest works (and thus confirms this suspicion), and you still want to place your work directory on a node-local filesystem, you can try to turn on "coaster staging".  To do that, set the work directory back to /scratch/local, and in your properties file (in the "cf" file generated by the bin/runswift command in the RCC tutorial examples) change:

  use.provider.staging=true

  use.provider.staging=true

Now your input data files will be copied to the node /scratch/local dir and your output files copied back.

I just tested this using the workdirectory /scratch/local/wilde/swiftwork, which seemed to work, but I did not check everything carefully yet.

- Mike