[Swift-user] swift on midway: apps and modules

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 3 18:07:17 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM, David Kelly <davidk at ci.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> It could possibly be something environmental. Are the modules loaded automatically when you log in through your .bashrc? If they are not already, could you give that a try?
>
> If that doesn't work, try editing sites.xml and try changing
>
> <workdirectory>/scratch/local/swift</workdirectory>
> <workdirectory>/project/joshuaelliott/narr</workdirectory>
>
> Then try the run again and let me know when it's finished. That will just make some extra debugging information available that might better explain why it's failing.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Everything was basically working except that my project directory
became too cluttered with temp files so I changed the workdirectory
back to /scratch/... and now swift is failing with that "exit code
127" message again.  What's the correlation between workdirectory and
module/PATH problems?  Or is there something else going on here?