[Swift-user] Can swift run multiple MPI jobs on a Cray XE6 node?

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:12:55 CDT 2011

Hi --
If I use qsub + aprun, I can't run more than one MPI job with more than one process per node (I can run multiple openMP jobs). Or at least nobody seems to know how to do that of the people I have talked to.

Supposed that I want to send a series of 8 node MPI jobs. I could conceivably put three per node (whether or not this is a good idea is a different story) if aprun would support it, but it doesn't seem to. Can swift?

Lorenzo