[Swift-user] Do you have any resource for learning about SwiftR?

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:00:28 CDT 2011

Tim,

Be mindful that Beagle now has a new ALPS and scheduler. It looks like the new ALPS is behaving differently from the old one. For example, the -N flag -- one MPI per node -- seems to be broken and ignored by ALPS, while perl now seems to be capable of running multiple MPI jobs per node (before there was no way of making it do that or at least we never found one and neither did Cray).

I did not have time to test either because I work someplace else today, so this is just little more than hearsay, I might be able to do it tomorrow. I plan to try to make Rmpi work and then move on from there.

Lorenzo