[Swift-user] Can swift run multiple MPI jobs on a Cray XE6 node?

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 10 12:57:20 CDT 2011

The best way to do this on the Cray is still to use aprun directly from
Swift in the local provider (although I heard you were having problems
with the current aprun installation on Beagle).  The new MPICH/Coasters
features do not provide much to help with this but I am currently working
on relevant improvements, and this is a use case that we would like to
cover.
 	Justin

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Lorenzo Pesce wrote:

> Hi --

> If I use qsub + aprun, I can't run more than one MPI job with more than
> one process per node (I can run multiple openMP jobs). Or at least
> nobody seems to know how to do that of the people I have talked to.
>
> Supposed that I want to send a series of 8 node MPI jobs. I could
> conceivably put three per node (whether or not this is a good idea is a
> different story) if aprun would support it, but it doesn't seem to. Can
> swift?
>
> Lorenzo

Justin M Wozniak