[Swift-user] Re: Swift app question

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 8 22:24:56 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 21:40 -0500, Jonathan Monette wrote:
> Ok.  And like I said this was a dumbed down example.  I just needed to
> show a mappings and didn't want to use a fancy mapper.  In my code x
> will be a different value for each iteration.  Thanks though.  That
> clears things up.

I was a bit confused. If there is a dependency relation between y and
the inputs to an app (whether though a mapper or directly) than it has
to be satisfied for the app to run. However, when it comes to mappers,
swift allows some hidden dependencies to be expressed. For example when
some app produces "a.txt" and somewhere you say f <"a.txt">. Swift won't
enforce that.

Mihael

[...]