[Swift-user] runnin' on IBI

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 11 18:11:19 CST 2010

Marc, can you point me to the directory in which you performed this run, andmake sure that I can access it?

I am wondering if you changed swift.properties, either by specifying a -config file on the swift command line or by editng swift.properties in your swift build or $HOME/.swift directory?

Specifically Im wondering what the property "status.mode" is set to?

If its set to:
  status.mode=provider
then can you try again with it set to:
  status.mode=file
and vice verse?

It looks to me as if its set (defaulting) to "file", but I cant tell without looking deeper into the swift code.

As I recall you are using the SGE provider in non-coaster mode, right?

If you have not changed anything in swift.properties, but you are specifying -sites.file and -tc.file on the command line, then you should create a file (call it "cf") with these lines, in the directory in which you run the swift command:

wrapperlog.always.transfer=true
sitedir.keep=true
execution.retries=0
lazy.errors=false
status.mode=provider
use.provider.staging=false
provider.staging.pin.swiftfiles=false

and then run the swift command with the additional arg (at the front):

  swift -config cf -sites.file sites.xml etc etc

This may not address the problem bit will help us diagnose it a bit further.

- Mike