[Swift-user] runnin' on IBI

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 18 08:31:17 CST 2010

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I was suspicious that perhaps the (fairly) new SGE provider was not correctly handling error return codes. But I tested it (on ibicluster) with both non-zeroreturn codes and with apps that fail and raise a signal (I tried a divide by by 0 fault).

Everything I tested worked - I was unable to cause the error you received.

Then I tried to run your modftdock swift script - that worked as well (see below). This is in ~wilde/marc if you want to examine how I ran it (see run.sh)

Then I tested with the default Java, which caused first.swift to fail. TO my surprise, that worked as well.

So, the next things to do here are:
- you may want to copy my ~marc directory and see if it works for you
- I would like to get the full logs (and ideally the work directory) from the run(s) that failed for you
- If you could, please try to reproduce the error again and point me to a directory with all your files and and all the files that swift produced.
- also send me your $PATH value so I know what Java you used. (We should log this in the Swift log if its not there already).

Thanks,

Mike

My output was:

[wilde at ibicluster ~]$ pwd
/cchome/wilde
[wilde at ibicluster ~]$ cd marc
[wilde at ibicluster marc]$ ./run.sh
Swift svn swift-r3702 (swift modified locally) cog-r2924 (cog modified locally)

RunID: 20101118-0819-01ot1210
Progress:
SwiftScript trace: 1a25
SwiftScript trace: 1a2z
Progress:  Stage in:8
Progress:  Submitting:6  Submitted:2
Progress:  Submitting:3  Submitted:5
Progress:  Submitted:8
Progress:  Submitted:7  Active:1
Progress:  Active:8
Progress:  Active:8
Progress:  Active:8
Progress:  Active:8
Progress:  Active:8
Progress:  Active:7  Checking status:1
Progress:  Active:4  Stage out:1  Finished successfully:3
Progress:  Submitted:1  Active:4  Finished successfully:4
Progress:  Active:5  Finished successfully:4
Progress:  Active:4  Finished successfully:5
Progress:  Active:4  Finished successfully:5
Progress:  Active:3  Checking status:1  Finished successfully:5
Progress:  Active:3  Finished successfully:6
Progress:  Active:2  Checking status:1  Finished successfully:6
Progress:  Active:2  Finished successfully:7
Progress:  Active:1  Checking status:1  Finished successfully:7
Progress:  Submitted:1  Finished successfully:9
Progress:  Submitted:1  Finished successfully:9
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:9
Final status:  Finished successfully:10
[wilde at ibicluster marc]$