[Swift-user] Teraport question

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 19 16:34:56 CDT 2009

The TeraPort queue policies are described at:
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/wiki/bin/view/Teraport/QueuePolicies

which says the fast queue gives you up to an hour.

--

Separate from that, further clarification of queue and time specs would
be helpful.

There was much discussion on the devel list about how times are treated
in coaster scheduling. This left me confused as to whether time specs
for coaster jobs were working as desired or still in flux. Specifically:

1 - it is unclear if profile time specs are all in hh:mm:ss. I think I
reported to swift-devel a coaster case where they were not interpreted
in that standard manner.

2 - it was unclear whether the time is for the pbs (i.e.,
coaster-worker) job or for the swift apps that run on them.  Ie how does
"coasterWorkerMaxwalltime" which is mentioned in the user guide interact
with maxwalltime in the globus profile?

3 - is maxwalltime treated the same or different if specified in tc.data
vs sites.xml, with respect to coasters?

4 - if I specify only a queue but no time limit, do I get the max for
that queue? (would hope so...)

5 - is job time handling now working as the developers currently intend
or are there outstanding issues in this area?