[Swift-user] Does SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH work for output?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 16 10:53:17 CDT 2009

Testing locally on the bgp, I see that env passing works, and wrapper.sh
picks up SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH and does the right thing. So the problem
seems to be somewhere in the Falkon path. We'll investigate, and can for
the right jobdir handling in the meantime.

A side note: when I set an env profile in tc.data, my (localhost) job
gets a very limited environment:

SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH=/dev/shm
PWD=/dev/shm/h/printenv-hzj1818j
SHLVL=1
OLDPWD=/var/tmp/pe-20090316-1029-cgkuddnd
_=/usr/bin/printenv

while with no env profile in the tc.data entry, my job gets the full
environment from the shell in which I ran swift.

I'm not going to look into that unless it becomes an issue, but its curious.