[Swift-user] Does SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH work for output?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 16 08:57:33 CDT 2009

On 3/16/09 8:48 AM, Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> Ah, I see: in wrapper.sh the "info" function which logs the env etc is only
>> invoked on failure, it seems.  Unless you see an error in my sites.xml below,
>> I'll add extra logging to wrapper.sh to see what my env is.  Or test with
>> printenv as the app.
>
> Yes, using env/printenv should be easy to do.
>
> Are you using an unmodified Swift? Please can you send a log from running
> something like first.swift, and its corresponding info file.

The "only" mod I made to this swift (from trunk, rev# in log) is to
change the arg separator from | to ^ in wrapper.sh and vdl-int.k, to be
compatible with Falkon.

Its possible that broke env passing.

The log and info file for the pe.swift run, which is one job, is in:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~wilde/pe-20090316-0845-sqceiryc.log
http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~wilde/printenv-rx6v318j-info

> Also, try with that exact same Swift installation, but running on
> localhost using the local provider and specifying SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH.

will do.