[Swift-user] Does SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH work for output?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 16 06:54:22 CDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> No, this is an application log file - just one of the app's outputs. I could
> see these ".log" files being created in the workdir as soon as the script
> started, and was able to tail -f these files to see the app's progress.

OK, those should all appear under the SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH directory.

I've never seen that profile specified in tc.data; only in sites.xml. It
might be that something is wrong there - try it in sites.xml

In the -info log for a job, you always should see one of two log messages:

   "Job directory mode is: local copy"

or

  "Job directory mode is: link on shared filesystem"

with the former meaning that SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH is being detected in the
wrapper environment, and the latter meaning that it is not.

Looking for those lines in your present setup would be useful.