[Swift-user] Does SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH work for output?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Mar 16 04:07:26 CDT 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Does the env var SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH set the jobdir for each job in a script to
> this value, and use it for output as well as input?  Or is it only used for
> input?

It sets the root under which the per-job working directories exist, that
is otherwise the run shared directory with /jobs/ on the end

> But as my jobs run, I can see that they are writing their log data, line by
> line, to the output directories of the shared workdirectory. Thats the
> overhead I was hoping to avoid with SWIFT_JOBDIR_PATH.

You mean the wrapper logs are being written to the wrapper log directory
info/ ?

That will happen. Zhao has hacked things in the past to not store the log.
Another thing that can be done is to create the log in the job directory
and copy it at the end. However, in certain failure modes you then won't
get any log data at all.

I can implement an option for that.