[Swift-user] mixing gram execution and local filesystem providers

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 3 18:33:25 CST 2009

My proxy certificate was freshly renewed when i submitted the job.

so it is looking for  a proxy certificate in the remote site?

[aespinosa at communicado ~]$ grid-proxy-info
subject  : /DC=org/DC=doegrids/OU=People/CN=Allan M. Espinosa
374652/CN=1242752696
issuer   : /DC=org/DC=doegrids/OU=People/CN=Allan M. Espinosa 374652
identity : /DC=org/DC=doegrids/OU=People/CN=Allan M. Espinosa 374652
type     : Proxy draft (pre-RFC) compliant impersonation proxy
strength : 512 bits
path     : /tmp/x509up_u1600
timeleft : 10:38:32

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Allan Espinosa wrote:
>
>> Does this mean that the "cp" calls fail after a while?
>
> It means something failed. In the log, I see this:
>
>> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.InvalidSecurityContextException:
> Invalid GSSCredentials
>
> and
>
>> Caused by: GSSException: Defective credential detected [Caused by:
>> [JGLOBUS-5] Proxy file
>> (/home/aespinosa/.globus/job/tp-grid1.ci.uchicago.edu/11827.1233702664/x509_up)
> not found.]
>
> which is a strange looking error.
>
> I'd expect credential errors if your proxy just expired (please paste the
> output of grid-proxy-info from the same session that you ran this swift
> invocation from, if you still have it).
>
> But I wouldn't expect the error message to have a path to a credential
> inside what looks like the remote job directory.

Allan M. Espinosa <http://allan.88-mph.net/blog>
PhD student, Computer Science
University of Chicago <http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~aespinosa>