[Swift-user] GT4

lixi at uchicago.edu lixi at uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 19 10:13:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

In the past experiments, I always use gt2 as provider. Now I
think that it's better to use gt4 instead. The only way I
know to migrate from gt4 to gt2 in Swift is to modify the
sites file. Is that right?

In my current sites file, the site item is as follows:
<pool handle="AGLT2">
  <gridftp  url="gsiftp://gate01.aglt2.org" />
  <jobmanager universe="vanilla"
url="gate01.aglt2.org/jobmanager-condor" major="2" />
  <workdirectory >/atlas/data08/OSG/DATA</workdirectory>
</pool>

Now according the default sites.xml, I replaced it with:
<pool handle="AGLT2">
  <gridftp  url="gsiftp://gate01.aglt2.org" />
  <execution provider="gt4" jobmanager="CONDOR"
url="gate01.aglt2.org" />
  <workdirectory >/atlas/data08/OSG/DATA</workdirectory>
</pool>

Then I'm going to test if it works by running first.swift on
each site one by one. Is it the right way to test if we can
use WS GRAM for that site?. For the first site AGLT2, I got
such output:
[lixi at communicado AGLT2]$ swift -sites.file
AGLT2.WSGRAM.sites.xml -
tc.file /home/lixi/osg/swifttest/tc.data ../first.swift
Unable to find required classes
(javax.activation.DataHandler and
javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is
disabled.
Swift svn swift-r2081 cog-r2065

RunID: 20080719-1005-dutdv6p4
Progress:
echo started
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1
Progress:  Selecting site:1

It seems that it doesn't work well.

Could you give me some instructions? Thanks,

Xi