[Swift-user] Re: GT4

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 19 10:31:26 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 10:13 -0500, lixi at uchicago.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the past experiments, I always use gt2 as provider. Now I
> think that it's better to use gt4 instead. The only way I
> know to migrate from gt4 to gt2 in Swift is to modify the
> sites file. Is that right?
>
> In my current sites file, the site item is as follows:
> <pool handle="AGLT2">
>   <gridftp  url="gsiftp://gate01.aglt2.org" />
>   <jobmanager universe="vanilla"
> url="gate01.aglt2.org/jobmanager-condor" major="2" />
>   <workdirectory >/atlas/data08/OSG/DATA</workdirectory>
> </pool>
>
> Now according the default sites.xml, I replaced it with:
> <pool handle="AGLT2">
>   <gridftp  url="gsiftp://gate01.aglt2.org" />
>   <execution provider="gt4" jobmanager="CONDOR"
> url="gate01.aglt2.org" />
>   <workdirectory >/atlas/data08/OSG/DATA</workdirectory>
> </pool>

That looks about right. But you have to be sure there is a GT4 container
on that site.

> Then I'm going to test if it works by running first.swift on
> each site one by one. Is it the right way to test if we can
> use WS GRAM for that site?.

I don't think there is a "right" way here. Though there was this script
I wrote somewhere to test such things. It's in bin and called
checksites.k. It would test all the sites in sites.xml.

>  For the first site AGLT2, I got
> such output:
> [lixi at communicado AGLT2]$ swift -sites.file
> AGLT2.WSGRAM.sites.xml -
> tc.file /home/lixi/osg/swifttest/tc.data ../first.swift
> Unable to find required classes
> (javax.activation.DataHandler and
> javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is
> disabled.

You can ignore that. It doesn't have any effects on things.

> Swift svn swift-r2081 cog-r2065
>
> RunID: 20080719-1005-dutdv6p4
> Progress:
> echo started