[Swift-user] Resending: I/O errors in swift script

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 30 09:22:18 CDT 2007

Ok. You have a bunch of errors, mainly of two types:
1. Missing output file (we should add a rule in error.properties to make
that verbose message a little more readable). This may be because the
application didn't run or because the filesystem is broken. Right now an
exit code file is produced by the wrapper only if the exit code of the
application is not 0. This does not allow telling between the
application having completed successfully or the filesystem being
broken. I believe that a stamp file should also be created by the
wrapper in order to distinguish between the two. The reason for the
stamp file instead of always having an exit code file is that it is more
efficient to check the existence of a file than to stage it out and look
at its contents.

2. Exit code != 0. Looks like some issues with R.

Mihael