[Swift-devel] swift js/editor

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 16 18:40:28 CDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 18:28 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> It has a very nice feel to it so far.
>
> Does it have its own notion of indentation?  Seems to let me do anything
> in that regard but seems to have some tab sensitivity.

It's based on http://codemirror.net/index.html, which is also what
LightTable is based on. Automatic indentation can be added.

> It was able to fix an underlined error for an undefined var after I
> defined it.

I think that's some form of accident. It currently does not highlight
semantic errors, but that's clearly something that it should eventually
do. It has an almost vanilla swift grammar in there.

> It would be interesting to understand where this can ultimately go.

Technically there are many possibilities.

> The emacs compatibility is nice; how extensive is that?

No idea. Didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it.

Mihael