[Swift-devel] Mailing lists, documentation update, etc.

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Tue Jul 28 19:23:54 CDT 2015

I see that Julia-Users is doing the same:
   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/julia-users

Yadu mentioned that Globus has also moved to Google Groups, and was
going to ask Stephen how they did the move.

I see that a simple wget -r will copy the mail archives, so we can
likely preserve a static version of our archives, and then convert to
Groups.

It only took a few mins to move the files, and they seem to be in a
nicely relative format.  I had to manually view source on the swift-user
base url and save as index.hml, and for some reason the current month
(July) is not working, but the rest seems to work:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~wilde/swiftlists/swift-user/lists.ci.uchicago.edu/pipermail/swift-user/

So this might be a reasonable solution.

- Mike