[Swift-devel] Mosaswift update

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 14 14:43:02 CDT 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Jonathan Monette wrote:

> I say semi working because I intended the script to build up output
> during the stages on the swift run and the final output would show that
> it was stored temporarily in /tmp.  This is not happening as the final
> output for the file contains only the last line(a Hello from <id> line).
> I believe this is due to how CDM using symlinks for the files that is
> matched, so a symlink is being overwritten instead of at the file it
> points to.  I ran into this problem in the past(but this is documented
> in the user guide) and just need verify that this is indeed the issue.

In the past, the application unlinked the link.  It looks like you are
appending to the link.

infile=`readlink $1`
outfile=`readline $2`
cat $infile >> $outfile

Is there a case in which the readlink affects the behavior of this
sequence?

Does readline work correctly on the BG/P compute node?

 	Justin

--
Justin M Wozniak