[Swift-devel] Mosaswift update

Jonathan Monette jonmon at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 14 14:22:14 CDT 2012

So here is an update on the progress of the mosaswift test scripts:
I have a working CDM script and catsn(well semi working).  The issue was that the rule for CDM direct was matching "data_files" and using an absolute path with "data_files" at the end.  This caused the path to look like /path/to/data_files/data_files since CDM takes what it matched and appends it to the absolute path that was provided.  This will documented better in the CDM section of the user guide.  The other error that was brought to light was that the worker nodes do not share /tmp so they couldn't find error files when checking to see if they jobs completed.  This was resolved by setting the number of workers from 1 to 2.  Once mosastore is set up on the worker nodes this number can vary since all the workers will share /tmp/mosa(at least that is my assumption).

I say semi working because I intended the script to build up output during the stages on the swift run and the final output would show that it was stored temporarily in /tmp.  This is not happening as the final output for the file contains only the last line(a Hello from <id> line).  I believe this is due to how CDM using symlinks for the files that is matched, so a symlink is being overwritten instead of at the file it points to.  I ran into this problem in the past(but this is documented in the user guide) and just need verify that this is indeed the issue.

I have also fixed the parameter issue  so we get a better error message for the problem.  It provides a bit better error message as to what the issue was.