[Swift-devel] Torus rank

Emalayan Vairavanathan svemalayan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 14:22:43 CST 2012

Hi Kaz,

I found the following about tours rank from http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/zeptoos/index.php/FAQ and want to double check with you still this information valid.

Torus rank:-
A torus rank is a number identifying a compute node within a whole
partition.  In a way, it is much "nicer" than a pset rank since it is
unique within a job and it also starts from 0.

- A shell script can easily calculate it from other fields:
TORUS_RANK=`echo $BG_PSETORG | awk "{print \\$1 + \\$2 * $BG_XSIZE + \ \\$3 * $BG_XSIZE * $BG_YSIZE}"

It would be great if you can make sure that the tours rank is unique within a partition and always starts from zero regardless of the following.

 - Partition size (fraction of pset / multiple of psets / both )

 - Platform (Surveyor / Intrepid)
 - Kernel profiles.

(Note: I am asking this in order to figure out a easy way to deploy MosaStore at BG/P at large scale. I did few tests with different partition size in Surveyor and it seems the tours rank is unique and always starts from zero.)

Thank you
Emalayan