[Swift-devel] [ZeptoOS] hostname returns none in Surveyor

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 5 10:02:03 CST 2012

> Yes, in JETS, the workers have to both 1) connect to each other and 2)
> connect to the service on the login node. I did this with the 12.***
> network as Zhao described.

I assume you used something other than the 12.*** net to connect to the login host?

Whats the guidelines for how to reach the login host from the server?

Lets augment the sites guide page for BG/P to fully describe the networking and init scripts for the BG/P, as it pertains to Swift.

I could also see some benefits, especially for ExM experiments, of running various things on the IOPs, which the ZeptoOS init script lets us do. So we should document how to do that and what the networking issues are.