[Swift-devel] Urgent Friday evening problem ; -) :: vanilla R on Beagle

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 30 13:27:06 CDT 2012

The good news is that for python worked as you said for the version they provide us with.
We could both run multiple instances at the same time, but the environmental variables were not corrupted anymore.

Next step we'll test building a version and see if it does what we want.

R-2.15.1 instead of building brings down the login nodes. Literally. This morning I tried to build R-2.15.1  and
while running ./configure the login poofed.
Correlation is not causality, but I killed another node trying again, so I am pretty sure it is.

This is the last line before evaporating:
checking whether integer division by zero raises SIGFPE...

under investigation.

temporary directory was set to /lustre/beagle/`whoami`'''' , but it doesn't seem to matter whether it is /tmp or lustre