[Swift-devel] recent error on beagle

Tim Armstrong tim.g.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:59:46 CDT 2011

Hi,
  I've encountered this issue with SwiftR, running release 0.92 from the svn
repository.  The issue occurs when GLOBUS::maxWallTime="03:55:00" in tc and
maxTime is 4 hours in sites.xml.  After 5 minutes (or whatever the
difference is between the two times), I get the exception copied below.  A
tarball is attached with the logs, script, etc.  replicate.sh shows how to
replicate the issue on PADS.

Assuming that my problem is the same as the others, it would be good if the
fix could be merged to release 0.92, as I'm trying to bundle stable swift
releases with SwiftR.

- Tim

Swift svn swift-r4336 cog-r3096 (cog modified locally)

RunID: 20110526-1317-2c8ybi10
Progress:
SwiftScript trace: top of loop: rserver waiting for input on,
/tmp/nbest/SwiftR/swift.0827/requestpipe
Progress:  Active:1
Progress:  Finished successfully:1
SwiftScript trace: rserver: got dir,
/tmp/nbest/SwiftR/requests.P09626/R0000007
Progress:  uninitialized:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Submitted:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
Progress:  Active:1  Finished successfully:1
queuedsize > 0 but no job dequeued. Queued: {}
java.lang.Throwable
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.requeueNonFitting(BlockQueueProcessor.java:252)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.updatePlan(BlockQueueProcessor.java:520)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.run(BlockQueueProcessor.java:109)
queuedsize > 0 but no job dequeued. Queued: {}
java.lang.Throwable
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.requeueNonFitting(BlockQueueProcessor.java:252)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.updatePlan(BlockQueueProcessor.java:520)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.run(BlockQueueProcessor.java:109)
Progress:  Finished successfully:1 Failed but can retry:1