[Swift-devel] Plan for managing Swift docs

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 12:54:30 CDT 2011

Sounds good - but related to this, something very important: can you create as soon as possible a page we can all share that specifies the (evolving) doc conventions, the most important part of which is the names of the sites to use for various stages of the process (ie: development, review, live) and what page naming strategy and structure to use.

Ive lost track of what is going where and dont know where to turn to find things, nor where I can edit prototypes or contribute to docs in progress.

Ketan tells me that he doesnt seem to have the right access to edit / create in the development site(s)?

And he too doesnt know the answers to what is where - so we need more coordination and communication to get things going so that everyone can contribute - which is the major reason we are moving to online doc tools.

Keep in mind that we can use email to *discuss* things, but decisions and spec info need to be in a well known, easy to find place that we all can share.

Lastly, this really needs to all stay on swift-devel so that we can coordinate as a team, especially since many people dont work on Swift every day.

Thanks,

Mike